At the OPE Information Center (GCC front desk), there are many services and items available for your convenience to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Hours: Daily – 7:00am – Midnight
The following are available:
- Campus and restaurant information
- Fax Service
- Assorted personal products
- Towel and linen rental
- U.S. mail drop off
- Laundry detergent
- Change machine
- Ice machine
For the convenience of candidates and employers, the Scheduling Center operates in both the Gruenhagen Conference Center (GCC) and the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center (AWCC).
GCC Scheduling Center Hours
Thursday: 10:00am – 10:00pm (employers), 5:00pm – 10:00pm (candidates)
Friday: 8:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am – 10:00am
AWCC Message & Scheduling Center Hours
AWCC Message & Scheduling Center:
Thursday: 10:00am – 10:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am – 12:30pm
(Scheduling closes at 10:00am)
The OPE Message Center, located in the Titan Lounge, is the post office of the Oshkosh Placement Exchange. The Message Center offers the means for candidates and employers to communicate. Employers with interview space in the Alumni Welcome and Conference Center (AWCC) have their own Message Center.
Message Center Tips
- Each candidate and employer will be assigned a specific mailbox number that will be confirmed after receipt of all registration materials. This mailbox number is very important and should be on all correspondence you send out before or during OPE.
- Candidates deliver and pick up their own mail. Check your mailbox often!
- Message forms are provided for candidates and employers. A small number of these forms will be included in your on-site registration packet. Additional copies are available in various location throughout GCC.
- Do not stuff mailboxes indiscriminately. Do not apply for positions for which you are obviously unqualified for or which do not genuinely interest you.
- Be prepared to receive lots of “stuff” (folders, cups, etc.) from schools that you interview with, as part of their recruitment efforts.
The OPE Transportation Center, located in Gruenhagen Conference Center Room 123, operates a shuttle service, free of charge, to and from many Oshkosh area hotel properties and GCC. Service to and from other Oshkosh or surrounding area hotels cannot be guaranteed.
Thursday: 10:00am – Midnight
Friday: 7:00am – Midnight
Saturday: 7:00am – Midnight
Sunday: 7:00am – 1:00pm
The OPE Transportation Center provides shuttle services (van) to the partner hotels listed below. For more information, please visit the Transportation Center (123 GCC).
- Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel*
- Borders Inn & Suites*
- Brayton Bed and Breakfast*
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites
- Comfort Suites
- Fairfield Inn
- Hawthorn Inn & Suites*
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- La Quinta
- Motel 6
- Super 8 Motel
*Service to the Brayton Bed & Breakfast, Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel, Borders Inn & Suites, and Hawthorn Inn & Suites is available by contacting the Transportation Center and setting reservations.
Shuttle Service Hours:
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 7:00am – 12:00pm
An additional shuttle will operate between the Gruenhagen Conference Center and the Oshkosh Convention Center for the Oshkosh Placement Exchange/Network for Inclusive Excellence Social on Saturday evening.
Maps of routes and schedules will be available for review at the Transportation Center and on each bus.
All other times, please make a reservation for pick-up by contacting or stopping by the Transportation Center.
Shuttle To & From Appleton International Airport (ATW) (Appleton, WI):
To make direct shuttle reservations, call Lamers Bus Lines, Inc. at 920-832-8890 between the hours of 7 am and 3:30 pm, and ask for jean or Doug. Payment in advance to Lamers will be required. One-way cost is $25 per person. Be prepared to provide flight arrival times, flight numbers, and airline detail. Lamers will provide a set schedule for pick up at the airport and at Gruenhagen Conference Center on the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh campus for the return trip. Please call Lamers at least one week in advance to make shuttle reservations. No refunds will be given. You may begin making reservations after January 2, 2020.
Shuttle schedule for Appleton International Airport (ATW) to Gruenhagen Conference Center on the UW Oshkosh campus is:
Thursday, February 27
Return shuttle service schedule from Gruenhagen Conference Center to Appleton International Airport (ATW) is:
Sunday, March 1
Shuttle To & From General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) (Milwaukee, WI):
Lamers Connect: https://www.golamers.com/services/lamers-connect/wausau-appleton-milwaukee-daily-route/
Oshkosh Placement Exchange
Gruenhagen Conference Center
208 Osceola Street
Oshkosh, WI 54901
OPE Registration Office: