About the Network for Inclusive Excellence
The Oshkosh Placement Exchange is honored to oversee the Network for Inclusive Excellence, which is a professional resource network that seeks to assist candidates who attend the annual Oshkosh Placement Exchange in their career search within the field of higher education administration. For 24 years, this network, known as the Minority and Friends Network, was managed outside of Oshkosh, Wisconsin by a small group of incredibly talented and dedicated professionals. Beginning in 2017, the Network for Inclusive Excellence is managed by the Oshkosh Placement Exchange Management Team, and strives to oversee the same quality, standards and approach that the Minority and Friends Network had for nearly a quarter century of service to candidates in the field of student affairs who attend the Oshkosh Placement Exchange.
Through the annual sponsorship of employers, the Network for Inclusive Excellence fulfills a vital role in OPE’s support of the field of higher education. The purpose of the Network for Inclusive Excellence will be:
- Sharing information on interviewing skills, resume writing, and other facets of the job search process.
- Serving as professional mentors to candidates who attend the Oshkosh Placement Exchange, in order to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- To answer any questions candidates may ask in order to better understand and prepare for the interview process.
How to Become a Sponsor
Sponsorship participation is a total of $250. Your sponsorship dollars will assist in providing the following:
- 40 travel scholarships valued at $250 each. OPE and the Network for Inclusive Excellence will offer 40 scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students who attend the Oshkosh Placement Exchange. We have recently titled the travel scholarships as the Network for Inclusive Excellence/James M. Chitwood Travel Scholarships. During the summer and fall of 2019 we actively promoted these scholarship opportunities during our Oshkosh Placement Exchange “On the Road” series. There is a clear need for financial assistance for many of our candidates again this year. The scholarships that are granted allow candidates to effectively afford attending the Oshkosh Placement Exchange.
- You will assist in funding the jointly sponsored and hosted Oshkosh Placement Exchange Social on Saturday night at the Oshkosh Convention Center. Your funds will be used to purchase food and beverage that will be enjoyed by all candidates, employers and other special guests who attend this wonderful social.
- You will be provided with up to three Network for Inclusive Excellence padfolios and custom designed pins that you can use during and after the Oshkosh Placement Exchange in order to demonstrate your outstanding support to this great initiative.
- Your funds will be used to assist in paying for registrations for conferences at which the Oshkosh Placement Exchange and the Network for Inclusive Excellence are represented, as well as for the procurement of promotional materials such as pens, mint tins, padfolios and printed brochures which will promote both the Oshkosh Placement Exchange and the Network for Inclusive Excellence.
- Register online as a Network for Inclusive Excellence sponsor. The deadline for registration is February 7, 2020.
- Registration can be paid via credit card or check.
- If you wish to pay via credit card, please contact Sarah Martin Kriha via the phone at 920.424.1121.
- If you wish to pay via check, payment can be made out to the Oshkosh Placement Exchange in the amount of $250. The check can be mailed to:
Sarah Martin Kriha, University Conference Coordinator
Gruenhagen Conference Center
208 Osceola Street
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- Following registration, you will receive confirmation from Sarah, and then additional communication related to the Network for Inclusive Excellence Advice Room sign-up.
The Network for Inclusive Excellence, formerly known as the Minority and Friends Network, has served candidates and employers of the Oshkosh Placement Exchange for over a quarter century. As the Oshkosh Placement Exchange guides the Network for Inclusive Excellence forward into its next chapter, OPE is grateful to guard the history of the Minority and Friends Network.
In 1992, the Minority & Friends Network was founded at the Oshkosh Placement Exchange. The original purpose was for candidates of color to come together in a social setting to network with seasoned professionals. The first Minority & Friends Network social was sponsored by Western Illinois University.
In 1993, Illinois State University and Michigan State University joined the Social and more structure was given to the mentor and mentee process.
In 1994, Arizona State University and the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, joined the social. That year the event had a record number of candidates attending and provided them with the opportunity to ask questions from the mentors on a variety of issues. The increased participation in the social facilitated its move to Reeve Memorial Union on the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh campus.
In 2017, the management and coordination of the Minority and Friends Network was officially transitioned to full oversight by the Oshkosh Placement Exchange Management Team.
In 2018, the decision was made by the Oshkosh Placement Exchange Management Team to change the name of the Minority and Friends Network to the NETWORK FOR INCLUSIVE EXCELLENCE. This decision was made after consultation, guidance and wisdom sought from the the two founders of the Minority and Friends Network, as well as key constituencies and valued partners of the Oshkosh Placement Exchange. Mutually, we believe that this new name reflects the mission and essence of this professional network that for over 24 years has been closely tied to the Oshkosh Placement Exchange, and now is fully integrated into our operational planning team.
What began as a humble social grew to the Minority and Friends Network and now stands as the Network for Inclusive Excellence. The Network for Inclusive Excellence includes:
- OPE Travel Scholarship
- Network Mentors
- OPE Social
- Advice Booth: Resource room with network members who can answer questions and give advice
Historically, more than 50 institutions have supported the Minority and Friends Network as sponsors. We look forward to growing and assisting new and seasoned professionals as we network and celebrate diversity through the Network for Inclusive Excellence!
NOTE: We invite Colleges and Universities to assist with sponsorship of the Network for Inclusive Excellence. Sponsorships allow individual institutions to participate in the network by supporting expanding programs for our candidates, which serves to strengthen our professional network. The Network for Inclusive Excellence reserves the right to accept sponsorship on an as needed basis.
Questions: Sarah Martin Krihas at email@example.com
Oshkosh Placement Exchange
Gruenhagen Conference Center
208 Osceola Street
Oshkosh, WI 54901
OPE Registration Office: