James M. Chitwood Travel Scholarship
The Oshkosh Placement Exchange is committed to offering candidates a high quality, affordable, national placement exchange experience. The James M. Chitwood Travel Scholarship Fund was established to provide an annual financial award to recipients in support of that goal.
The James M. Chitwood Travel Scholarship selects a number of OPE candidates to receive an award of $200 to cover job search expenses. We know a successful job search rarely ends at OPE; that’s why this travel scholarship can be used in support of any job search related expense, not just OPE expenses.
In 2018, we awarded twelve (12) scholarships; eight (8) for Bachelors level professionals and four (4) for Masters level professionals.
These awards are available to any OPE Candidate!
To be eligible to apply, you must
- Be a registered candidate for OPE;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 (Bachelors)/3.0 (Masters);
- Possess broad student affairs experience.
Each applicant will submit the following to email@example.com by Monday, February 4, 2019:
- Cover Letter. The cover letter should address the following: 1) Why you are choosing a career in Student Affairs; 2) How you will continue to encourage student engagement in the field of student affairs; 3) How receiving the award would impact you.
- A letter of support from a supervisor. This letter should focus on why you are a worthy candidate to receive the candidate fund scholarship, as well as outline your residence hall experience.
- Unofficial transcripts
Application materials are due by Monday, February 4, 2019. If you are awarded one of the travel scholarships, you may be asked to write a short bio to be displayed on the OPE website.
**Submit application information as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title of Travel Scholarship***
Jim Chitwood receives the ACUHO-I Award in part for his contribution to theOshkosh Placement Exchange.
Oshkosh Placement Exchange
Gruenhagen Conference Center
208 Osceola Street
Oshkosh, WI 54901