Who is getting excited for the Oshkosh Placement Exchange 2023?!? We are!
We are writing this blog to let you know work has begun here in Oshkosh to prepare for the next OPE. We are working to determine pricing and outreach first, and then move on to more of the fun stuff. We are starting to see emails come in that ask questions about the next coming OPE. We see your excitement! We are right there with you. We know that getting together and enjoying an OPE together is the ultimate goal. We are all systems go to be in-person in February 2023. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 920-424-3226.
We miss you all and look forward to seeing you and meeting you.
As an employer coming to OPE, what do we need to do to prepare before coming to OPE?
Hello Megan! Here is a list of things I would suggest an employer does to prepare for OPE:
1) Strategize how you want your interview room layout to look. Do you want to bring extra chairs? Posters and banners? Perhaps a lamp? How do you want people walking into your interview space to feel?
2) Use our OPE platform to pre-schedule meetings. You can being scheduling meetings now! Get your favorite candidates in the pipeline before the event begins.
3) Get familiar with Oshkosh. Often times employers are so focused on interviews that they do not have a chance to plan getting food or finding stores in town. We have a handful of delicious restaurants near campus. But we also recommend getting into town and having a space to decompress away from campus.
4) Plan your schedule. If you are part of a small interviewing team, make sure to add break periods for yourself in the interview schedule. If you have a larger team, perhaps discuss what your team can be working on during any down time – perhaps meeting & greeting in the hallways to snag more interviews, or writing follow-up message for people that have already interviewed. Good time management is going to be important during the event.
5) If you are coming from a campus that has interested candidates, work with them to sharpen both your sets of skills. Running mock interviews can help the candidates, but it gives your team some practice. The better prepared we all come, the smoother the event goes for everyone.
I hope these tips are helpful. If you have specific questions, feel free to call our office at 920-424-3226. You can also email our office at email@example.com. We also have social media content posted regularly on Facebook and LinkedIn where you can communicate with our office and with other people coming to the event!