Frequently Asked Questions
What types of jobs are available at OPE?
When should I register?
What should I do to prepare myself for OPE?
- Read through all the information OPE sends you and go through the whole web page.
- Start making a list of things to pack from what you want to wear each day to the office supplies you want to bring.
- Make a plan for how you will organize your correspondence with employers so you can keep track of where you are in their process.
- Start thinking about questions you want to ask employers to make sure they are a good fit for you.
- Prepare yourself for the different questions employers will ask you.
- Research the employers you are most interested in interviewing with and contact them to pre-schedule an interview.
What is “Pre-Scheduling” and how do I do it?
How many interviews should I plan on doing during OPE?
69This number is mostly up to you. Start making yourself a schedule of possible interview times. (Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 11 a.m.) Then cross off times for meals and a few breaks each day. Factor in time to travel between interviews and you should have an idea of how many time slots you have available. Don’t feel you need to fill all of these times. Some interviews last a half hour; others may go for an hour. Remember that some employers may want to do a second interview during OPE, so try to keep some times open on Saturday afternoon and Sunday for that second meeting.
Is attending the socials important?
Where can I park?
Candidates will be allowed to park on campus for the event free of charge. Candidates are asked to park on the first level in the Parking Ramp next to Gruenhagen Conference Center. The first level includes the ramp up to the second floor – up to spot 148.
If all spots on the first floor of the Parking Ramp are filled, please overflow into Lot 13 (north northwest of the ramp on the other side of the tennis courts).
Starting in 2024 parking will be paid for individually by attendees. All questions about parking should contact our Parking Services Office (www.uwosh.edu/parking).